This swatch post is brought to you by the letter H and number 50. H is for “hoarding” and 50 is for the number of lipsticks I have. Eeek! Nevertheless I thought I’d do a swatch post today. Some of these I’ve had on the blog already like Milani Best Red and Red Control and others are making their first appearance like Tarte Fiery. Continue reading You Can Never Have Too Many REDS
Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is the first Nars foundation I’ve tried. I have used the tinted moisturizer(I like it) and I’ve used the Radiant Creamy Concealer(I like it) but I can’t compare it to Sheer Matte or Sheer Glow. Continue reading Thumbs Up: NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
There comes a time in every beauty lover’s life that they hit the jackpot with a product or brand. The skies open up, the seas part and harps play for your discovery. Some of us call it the holy grail or HG for short. This is 5 reasons a brand/product is considered holy grail. Continue reading 5 Ways to Know It's Holy Grail
FULL DISCLOSURE: Nars 413 BLKR Illuminator and Lost Coast Eyeshadow Duo were gifted to me.
I was hanging around on Youtube and decided search for some Nars videos and ran across this one:
In this video head artist, Cindy Rodriguez, used some of the products from Nars Cosmetics’ Summer 2014 Adult Swim Collection to create a look around a bold lip. I decided to recreate the look with a few tweaks since I don’t own everything from Adult Swim.
I feel good about it. Obviously the artist in the video didn’t wing out the eye. I did that just to add more drama because my eye looked a bit plain without it. I’ll be getting some swatches up of Lost Coast and 413 BLKR soon so you can see them upclose. I’ll also put what I used below. Let me know what you think.
Are you big on recreating the looks you see or do you just do what you want?
Today is Day 3 of the No Bare Lips 30 Challenge and in honor of the 10th Anniversary of the release of Mean Girls, Keiko Kavari says “On Wednesdays, we wear pink.” With all the Mean Girls nostalgia and No Bare Lips excitement, I decided to do a face of the day post.
Nars Cosmetics Matte Multiple in Laos (reviewed here)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Perversion(waterline)
Philosophy Lip Shine in Bubbly
I think I’m going to do this once a week. If you have any questions about any the products I used feel free to ask. <3
So Chrissy from A Casual Beauty did a lipstick tag and graciously tagged everyone to do it. I like beauty tags so I decided to do this one.
- How many lipsticks do you own? I’m going to follow Chrissy’s cue and stick to conventional lipsticks in this answer, so I own 33 actual lipsticks.
- What was the first lipstick you ever owned? The first lipstick I ever owned was Fashion Fair Pure Plum(?). I remember my mom taking me to the department store counter and picking it out for me. It was definitely her style because it was dark. I took a lot of make-up cues from her before I started reading magazines and books and formed my own opinion. Looking back, it probably should’ve been more of a big girl moment because it was department store make-up but it wasn’t.
- What’s your favorite lipstick brand? NARS Cosmetics. In 2008 I walked into a Sephora to get a red lipstick, my first red lipstick. I was apprehensive but the associate swatched a few shades on her hand and I picked NARS Sephora Flame. That was a make-up watershed moment for me because back then wearing red lipstick was just unheard of for me. I had moved away from thinking I had to wear deep, dark shades, but hadn’t adopted the thought that I could wear color on my lips like red. When I began to break away from beauty rules NARS is the brand I used to do it.
- What is your most worn lipstick? It’s probably NARS Fire Down Below. It’s described as a semi-matte pure blood red.
- What’s your favorite finish? My favorite finish is probably matte. I went through years and years of shiny lips via lip gloss so I think my love of matte finishes was my way of breaking away from that. Matte finishes just seem like serious business and I’m here for drama.
- What was the last lipstick you bought? It was actually two in the same shopping trip. It was Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense 15 and NARS Cosmetics Future Red, a Guy Bourdin Cinematic Lipstick.
- How many lip products do you currently have in your bag? I have 3 lip products in my bag. 1 EOS lip balm and two Maybelline glosses that are still wrapped because I intended to return them but never did.
- What’s your favorite red lip color? My favorite red lip color is Lime Crime Velvetine in Wicked. It’s from the recently released Clueless Witch Collection.
It comes close to NARS Sephora Flame which was discontinued years ago.
- How do you store your lipsticks? I store my lipsticks in a plastic drawer and my vanity drawer.
- Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after? I think Milani Red Label is one I’m lusting after but for some reason I pick up something else whenever I’m in Walgreens. I also want to try more Lime Crime Velvetines.
Since Chrissy tagged everyone I’m going to do the same. If you decide to do this lipstick tag please leave a link to your post in the comments below because I’d love to read it.